Friday, July 3, 2009

Long Lost Cousins

Tonight when I got home from work, the phone was ringing. I ran in to pick it up and this person said; "Is this Barbara?"

To make a long story short, it was my cousin, Alvie, from Jacksonville. It is funny how when we were growing up, we were super close. More like brother and sister during those times. He and his family even lived with us on a couple of occasions when we were young. I spent time during the summer at his house. But, then family feuds and stupidity got in between our families and before you know it; 35 years have come and gone.

We talked for awhile and I told him that I would have to call him back as Gary and I had purchased movie tickets and were running late. However, I am eagerly awaiting to hear all about his life and about his brothers.

My cousin Billy and I are the same age and Alvie is one year older. My other cousins, Joe and Johnny were older than us, so I didn't play so much with them, but remember being close to them as well and have nothing but fond memories. Actually, I exchanged letters with Johnny for quite awhile, before his death. During the early years, when our parents were still getting along, we had a lot of good times and made many family memories.

After the movie, I started pulling out all of my mother's pictures and looking back, so many years ago...........

So, thanks, Alvie, Billy and Joe for looking me up! I know that we are all "older" now, but, we need to get together and make up for all the lost time. I love you, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones