Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I love my country and what it stands for. I love the idea of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I feel blessed to have grown up in a country with human rights, which is so much more than what many people around the world get. I cherish the right to speak my mind when I want, where I want, and on whatever subject I want it to be about. At the same time, I am glad that other people have the same rights, even when what they say may infuriate me. I am so grateful to have my privacy. I am thrilled to be able to experience and appreciate all the beauty and splendor that we have right here in the United States. I long for the time and money to travel and see many of these wonders.

I hope my children and grandchildren have the same pride for their country. I pray that they set their goals in life high and will follow their dreams. But, most of all, I hope that they realize how lucky they are to live here and raise their children with the same ethics as they were raised with.

We went to Lake David in Groveland to watch the fireworks and we got a kick out of watching our nephew, Justin (my brother, Glen's son) join in on all of the festivities.




That is........ Until the fireworks started!

He quickly retreated to the car to watch a movie on the DVD player which is once again a choice that we have with our freedom. We can drive what we want, where we want and with modern technologies, watch what we want! What a GREAT country we live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones