Friday, July 10, 2009

American Idol Auditions

And here is the next American Idol.............



















My brother's fiance', Nanci, wanted to live out one of her life long dreams and audition for American Idol. So, she signed up and they went down to the Amway Arena in the middle of the night to get in line and hopefully have a good spot!

WRONG.......

Our family has always loved American Idol and believe me after seeing what really happens, it makes you see it in a different light. We came to this conclusion, at lunch time, before she ever auditioned. I work across the street from the arena, so, they came over and had lunch with me. She was ready to call it quits! But, we told her that she had come this far, she needed to go all the way or she would always wonder, what if.......

I guess that I always thought that the three main judges saw everyone. Not true.... The only one that I saw was Ryan Seacrest and I guess that he just shoots out takes for the main show. But, what they do is divide you up into groups and the producers listen to you or if they like how you act, CRAZY, you may get in. They only let so many from each group in. So, by the time that Nanci got up to sing, the guy in front of her jumped in the air and did a split, did not even sing, but, he got in. She sang for about 4 seconds and was told thanks anyway. But, she felt like she had at least put out the effort. And if I had to choose for her to be turned away or be one of the "crazies" that were put through. I am glad to say she tried and didn't make the cut. At least she had my brother encouraging her all the way. Way to go Glen and Nanci. Nanci, let your heart keep singing!

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, I wanted to say thanks to Barbara for posting our exciting day at the American Idol auditions. We stayed up 36 hours at this time and were feeling like going home.We had a blast dispite the unfortunate outcome when Nanci finally made her long awaited 4 second audition and was sent to the exit.that`s Ok Nanci, you will always be my american idol every time you sing to me and our little boy Justin. We love you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones