Saturday, July 4, 2009

Boating on the Butler Chain of Lakes

Because the 4th of July fell on Saturday this year, we had off on Friday for the holiday. So, Mitch, Gary and I decided to take the girls and go boating on the Butler Chain of Lakes in Windermere. It was our first time ever going to that chain of lakes. We will definitely go back!

Our day started with my little mishap of shoes. (see my previous post) When I stopped to buy a new pair of flip flops, I also bought a potty chair to take along on the boat. Rylee, our 2 year old granddaughter is potty training and I did not know what we would do when she anxiously yelled; "I gotta go potty!" However, I was really unsure IF she would even use that potty because she can be picky on what toilet she uses. Well, it was not an issue for her! The minute that she saw it, (luckily, at Gary's shop) she had to put it down in the parking lot and go pee pee!





From then on, it was all we could do to keep her off of it......... Any time we slowed down, she would want to take her life vest off and sit on the potty. It was nice to have it, but I created a MONSTER!

We toured the canals and lakes and enjoyed looking at all the beautiful homes on the Butler Chain. Here is Shaquille O'neal's house.


It must be hard to be so poor! I wish that I could have been a basketball player. I could get use to making 2 million or more a month. (At least that is what was reported as his salary when he divorced.)


The girls enjoyed the sun. Rylee is totally comfortable with having her life vest on and really likes the boat.

Haylee is getting better...... her life vest gives her problems and she likes to hide her face when you go fast. She just snuggles into your neck and chest and hangs on. But, when you slow down she will look all around and puts up with it!



I took a picnic lunch and to give the girls a break from their life vests, we sought out an empty or foreclosed home and tied up to their boat slip to get a little shade. Both Rylee and Haylee were glad to get the hot and bulky life vests off and we enjoyed a nice lunch.





Afterwards, we did a little more boating and then headed back to the boat ramp to take the boat out of the water. We want to make plans to come back and maybe this time we can bring Amy with us. It is hard for her to find the time as she is busy with college classes (to become a pharmacist) and photo shoots from her photography business. Check out her website at http://www.amyrobertsonphotography.com/. Her full time job is a crime lab analyst. No wonder, she doesn't have any time on her hands! So, while she is busy, we don't mind stepping in and having FUN with the little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones