Thursday, October 29, 2009

Beware of sharp objects..... and daughter in laws!

Happy Halloween
How much can 1 costume cost?

For us........
Scissors $35.00
Material $ 6.00
Emergency Co-Pay $30.00
Time (purchasing materials,
Dr. visit and sewing) Approx. 8 hrs
But, after all is said and done......


Mitch carved this pumpkin for me, Thanks Mitch

Cost of Costume........PRICELESS!



Trust me! These Scissors...........









And the Klutz....Uh, sorry Joanne...... I mean the Daughter-in-Law, DON'T MIX!


It started out very innocently..... Joanne sent me a picture of a cute costume that cost $30.00 on EBay. She said; you have a sewing machine, don't you? Do you think that we could make one of these? I said; SURE!


Afterwards, she bought the material and I bought a new pair of sewing scissors. (Which, by the way, I needed anyway)


So, the plan was this. Michael was working at the fire station, I was going to order pizza; Joanne and Mason were coming over to eat and sew. The first part started out great. The pizza was delivered, Mason and Joanne came over, we enjoyed the pizza and the Pop Pop and Mason went into the living room to play. Joanne and I had just started to cut some things out; we were passing the scissors back and forth to each other. We were only 30 minutes into the project when I asked her for the scissors. When she picked them up, they fell and she stabbed herself in the forearm. (At least, I wasn't handing her the scissors...... or she could have said that her wicked Mother-in-Law stabbed her) We left Mason with Pop Pop and met Michael and his partner, Brian at CentraCare. (Fire truck and all)


Four stitches later; along with a $30.00 co-pay - Joanne had a new costume too!



















She was a trooper; even as the doctor was telling her she was lucky to have a medic as a husband. Why? Because, he could keep an eye on her arm to make sure that it was not getting infected. You see..... she was too embarrassed to tell him that she was a Nurse Practitioner and for that matter; she could have stitched herself up if it had been the other arm!




Oh well, it was an interesting evening! Her first time getting stitches and Pop Pops first time babysitting at home by himself. He survived and Mimi made the club, bone and the hat for the costume, that night. The next day Joanne, Michael and Mason came over and we finished it up.


As for the costume, it was PRICELESS!


Bamm Bamm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones