Sunday, February 12, 2012

An "Annigrocery" to Remember

It is amazing how technology is changing our children! My 3 & 4 year old granddaughters can work an iphone or an ipad with such ease. Here lately, every time I see them with the ipad, they are watching Betty Crocker tutorials on decorating cakes. They take turns choosing the cake and both sit and watch together as another creation is made. They would sit for hours if you let them.

I have always enjoyed creating "dream cakes" for my grandchildren and they love being able to tell me what cake they want for their next birthday. So, now you can just imagine how that changes from one day to another.

Pop Pop and Mimi are celebrating their 35th anniversary this weekend and the girls wanted to come over and bake a cake to celebrate. After looking at all of the cake pans to choose from, they decided that a "princess cake" would do the trick. Really, it is a barbie cake, but, I guess Barbie can be a princess too!

After baking the cake together and letting it cool. I prepared the icing bags and let them each have
one. What a great time they had!

















It is a good thing that we were the only ones eating this cake! Because fingers and licks were all over it! But, that just made it sweeter to me!



I think that we have finally finished the icing.....


But, we are not finished yet..... Everybody knows that a cake is just not a cake without some SPRINKLES.















When finished, their daddy, Mitch asked them why they made the cake and Haylee (the youngest) said..... Happy Annigrocery! And, as far as I am concerned.... the cake along with these flowers from Mason and Mia....


made it the best one yet! It is such fun to be Mimi & Pop Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones