Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mimi, Play!


We had Mitch, Amy and the girls over for dinner last night. We had just finished dinner when Rylee Jo, my oldest granddaughter, who is not quite two went in to the living room to play with her doll house. No sooner than she laid down on the floor, I hear....... Mimi, play! Pretty soon, I hear.... MIMI, PLAY! We had a chuckle and somehow..... the dishes did not seem to matter to me. They would be there after she left! Life is too short and you need to enjoy the moment! She is so funny because every time you lay on the floor to play with her, she just scoots back to watch you play. She really gets enjoyment out of seeing how you react and play with the dolls.

One weekend we were babysitting the girls and I was busy doing something. So, Rylee got Pop Pop to play with the doll house. They played for quite sometime and Gary took the grandma doll and gave her a ride on a car that goes on its own, after you pull it backwards. Rylee did not like seeing grandma race across the floor and fall off. She jumped up to rescue grandma and told Pop Pop that he was BAD!

Haylee Jayde just turned 5 months old and she is just starting to play with us. She doesn't quite know what to think about Pop Pops beard. Sometimes she sits with him and rubs the beard, but most times she puckers up her lip and cries for someone to get her. I guess that he has tickled her on the neck, one too many times!

Before they left, we all colored at the kitchen table and I decided to let "Hay Hay" finger paint with me. That was short lived and messy! I gave up the finger painting and went to feeding her bananas instead. We enjoyed the quality time together and I know that the girls had a good time.


It is so nice to be Mimi and Pop Pop! Our little angels....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones