Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ahh.....Spring Break, some time with my little man


For Spring Break, I took 3 days off. I really needed to take care of some appointments that I have been putting off for awhile. However, I also had some fun time scheduled as well!

I had a lunch meeting with my co-workers and a secretary from our office that retired several years ago. Kathi also took off and we decided to bring along the grandchildren. She has two older grandchildren and brought them both. They were both very well behaved and made their me- maw proud! I have to say that I was reminded of Rylee because after we sat down to order, Olivia, Kathi's 3 year old granddaughter said, Barbara.......Play! She had brought some toys along and wanted to play. I thought that she was cute and did manage to play some with her as well. Donovan, her 5 year old grandson, showed off his reading ability. He really did a great job!

I am not that brave to try and take all 3 of mine. I guess that I need to give myself a little credit as mine are very young with two being only 5 months old and one being 22 months old. So, I decided to bring along my little man, Mason. My co-workers have seen my girls before and this was their first face to face meeting with Mason. As soon as we sat down, I decided to feed him his peas and give him a bottle. Afterwards, he was content to just sit with me. Even though he was full, we all laughed as every time I put the fork to my mouth he looked at me as if to say, hey, what about me???? He did great and never cried or got fussy once.

After, leaving the restaurant, we went to the car dealership to have my oil changed and new tires put on my car. When I bought my car, I received tires for life. It is a great program, but, you really have to be ready to fight for your tires. After a little hassle, I got my new tires.

But, had a little wait. Again Mason was a trooper. I keep a stroller in my car and we walked outside and inside looking at everything. Then we went into the lobby and played. He is starting to really "jabber" and loves everyone stopping to say how cute he is. Boy, he really is just like his daddy! My salesman, Mike, was there and he kept coming over to play with him. Mason just laughed out loud at him. Of course, Mike was sure that it was the color of his skin and his bald head. But, it was because he was crazy and loud. After he left, I am sure that everyone thought that I was crazy as I sang, Five little Monkey's jumping on the bed and other little songs. But, for that moment...... I was making his day and he was making mine!

We met mommy at Pop Pops shop and spent a little time playing there. While walking him to the car, Michael called Joanne to see if we made it back from our little adventure. Always being the funny one, he told Joanne to check Mason for scratches and bruises before she left. After all, remember, I am that "mad woman" that raised him! Don't worry, Michael, he is safe for now. I am sure that the time will come when he sees the "mad woman" as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones