Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Night out for Rylee, Mimi, PopPop

Here we come, Elmo.....

Rylee has always loved Elmo. For one of Rylee's birthday presents, I bought tickets to the King Center in Melbourne for the Sesame Street Lives performance of.........

I got off early from work and went and picked both girls up from daycare. Rylee was very excited to tell all of her friends at daycare that we were going to see Elmo. I don't think that she really understood that we were "really" going to see Elmo. We dropped Haylee off with Mitch and picked up Pop Pop from work. Our first stop was dinner at Cracker Barrel. She ate good and spent a little time rocking in the rockers on the front porch. Then, it was off to see Elmo.....
No cameras or camcorders were allowed. Darn it!!! What's the harm in taking a couple of pictures?
When we got inside, we had front row seats. Actually, they were second row, but, no one was sitting in the front row. So, our seats were great! The show had just started and Elmo was onstage with the other Sesame Street characters. Rylee could not believe her eyes, she told me the names of some of the characters as they came onstage. (PopPop and Mimi aren't up on all of that) It was fun to watch her, watch them. Pop Pop pointed out to me that she was doing the hand motions to the Itsy Bitsy Spider as they sang it. She loved it!






I did not know it, but, Elmo is only 3 years old and the performance was about what he wanted to be when he grew up. Maybe he would be a fireman....... (Like Uncle Michael, Oh wait, is that Uncle Michael driving the firetruck?)





At intermission, we did a "potty run" and of course had to hit the Sesame Street souvenir stand. Rylee picked out an Elmo hat that had Elmo's face on the front. The lines were long, so, we rushed back in just as they were about to take the stage again. Pop Pop said that he knew Mimi would come back with something...... Does he know me or what??? I did manage a couple of pictures at home with Rylee and the hat. Don't mind the oreo cookies, but it made it all the better!
After the show was over we stopped to buy her an Elmo mylar balloon. It was actually only the head of Elmo. On the way home, we had the radio off and playing with her. The traffic backed up and Gary and I were talking to one another. Then, we heard her saying something. I looked back to her car seat and she was holding Elmo's face up to her face and saying......

Elmo, look at me.........You are not listening........
Do you want to go to the corner?

Gary and I about died. I guess we know what her mommy and daddy say to her! Watch out Mitch and Amy, once you have kids...... anything you say can come back to bite you!

All in all, it was a terrific night out for us all. And here's to hoping that we are around for many more nights like that! It's great being a Mimi and Pop Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones