Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Today is Mother Day, so here I am with two of my favorite men...... my sons!

Before I was a Mom
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him down. I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do test...or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never got gloriously happy over a simple little grin. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew that I would love being a Mom.......




We celebrated by being together as a family at Mike and Joanne's for some swimming and a cookout.




I know everybody says that they have the best mom- so I won’t venture to say I had the best mom in the whole world - but, I will say that in the whole world, I had the best Mom for me! It’s so amazing to me how mothers shape our lives. Everything they say and do, from our earliest years - teaches us something about ourselves, our world and who we are and what we are going to be as we grow. My mom was no exception. From making my bed properly, washing clothes, baking bread, cooking or to having a good sense of humor, she’s taught me more than I’ll ever probably realize. She certainly taught me what it was like to love and be loved. And she taught me how to be the mom that I was to my two boys...........

Thanks mom and I will forever miss you!



Enjoy some pictures from our day........

The "little mama" had fun with her sister and cousin. Rylee, they are so lucky to have you to show them both the ways of the world!



On this day, as I watch my two daughter-in-laws interact with their children, both of my boys did a wonderful job in choosing partners for themselves and mothers for their children.





Both Joanne and Amy each have their own traits that make them special. However, they are each loving, kind, generous, funny and are both the kind of women that I hoped my boys would end up with. I am proud to have them in my life and consider them both the daughters that I never had. I love you Joanne and Amy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones