Monday, December 14, 2009

Dear Santa


Rylee, Amy and I went to the Children's Repertory Theatre to watch the production of Dear Santa. Since she did so well when we went to see Charlotte's Web, I decided to go again at Christmastime. Once again, she was a little lady and loved the play. I think that it is so important, at early ages, for children to be taught how to act appropriately in different settings.


It is obvious, that Rylee has caught on! This will carry on in her education and hopefully it will ignite her creative side as well!




After the play was over, all of the characters lined up outside for a "meet and greet" and they would sign your playbill as well. This time Rylee was all about getting her book signed. She went from one person to the next and even though she did not talk a lot....... she would hold the book and pen out and have them sign it. It was really cute.
































She has always been a little afraid of Santa and had not been very good about sitting on his lap. However, Amy and I had to laugh, because when it came time to have him sign, before either of us could grab her, she walked right to the front of the line and even posed for a picture. No one seemed to mind as she was the youngest child in the line.





As you can see, we all had a great time.........



















After the play, we went to our favorite ice cream place and ate an ice cream cone. I love being able to make these memories and absolutely love getting her started with the "arts". That is something that I never did with my own children, but as a grandmother, I plan to get them all involved with music, art, dance, museums, plays, etc. I think that you should see and appreciate the finer things in life, just maybe they will continue this with their children and grandchildren. And besides....... what else are Mimi's for????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones