Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013


Easter would not be the same for our kid's without Cascarones (confetti eggs)  My daughter in law, Joanne, is of Mexican heritage, so this great tradition comes from her mother's background and we love it!  These real egg shells are filled with confetti and hid along with the other eggs.  When you find one.... the fun begins....  You run and crack it on someones head and sprinkle them with confetti!  We always hide a lot of these.  That way, no one is left out! 
Joanne and Mike always host Easter at their house.  They usually have her parents over and invite Amy's (my other daughter in law) parents to come as well.  So, it is a blended family affair!  

Rylee and Haylee getting their mommy with an egg!

Rylee sneaking up on Uncle Mike!

Even the "big kids" can't help themselves...
 
And no one is left out.....  Right Pop Pop????? 

And Ty, the donkey can't be left out of the fun.......




Fun was had by all.......



Haylee



Mia and her DaDa, Mike


Rylee

And, as always, there is Mason!  He always brings some comedy to all the get together's.  I always tell Mike that he got one just like him......... and Joanne always reminds him that it is his fault....  

I don't have a picture to show of it, but, I could not resist...... I snuck up and attacked my favorite grandson and let me just say that I did not make a friend...... He yelled at me saying that he didn't want his head cracked!  That was not nice, MIMI.....  He then started throwing the "crack head eggs" out of his basket as he wanted no part of them.......


That's okay, cause he still loves his MIMI...... cracked head or not! 
And so do these girls..... And Mimi loves them right back!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother & Mimi....I am a wife, proud mother of two wonderful men and Mimi to three beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson who amaze me with their ability to make me laugh!

Barbara's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones